Uses of Coconut Oil For your Hair and Skin
The use of coconut oil is a natural and a wonderful way to make both your skin and hair look great and healthy. There are no harmful chemicals in this oil similar to those in lotions, creams and conditioners so you can throw them out for good as you don’t need them anymore. A bottle of non-refined coconut oil is what you need to serve all the purposes of a complete body and hair moisturizer for all types. The article explains how can you use this natural miracle on your hair and skin,
- Coconut oil can be at times very drippy so put on old clothes or you can drape a towel to protect your clothes and get into the bathroom. Once it gets absorbed in your hair in a few hours then you are free to move around.
- You can either cover your hair with a plastic cap used for showering or a large plastic sheet for wrapping your hair. Just select the one you are comfortable with for keeping on several hours.
- The amount you require to apply on your hair completely depends upon the thickness and length of your hair. If you have thick and long hair you can use 5 tablespoons and if you have thin or short hair then 3 or 4 tablespoon would be sufficient.
- Do not use the refined coconut oil and focus applying on the mid section and the bottom of your hair. Do not apply too much of the oil near scalp otherwise the hair will look greasy even after the wash. The reason is your scalp also produces natural oils and excessive oil will make the hair look oily.
- Coconut oil can melt with very little heat and you can easily melt it with your hands by holding one tablespoon at a time in your palms and gently rubbing together. You can also melt it on stove with very little hit on or keep the bottle of the oil under warm water for a few seconds and you will see it melt.
- Now rub the oil in your hair and focus primarily on the mid section and the bottom of your hair. You can use it on your scalp if you have dry hair. Use your fingers for massage gently and smooth it down to the tips, continue this until your hair is completely drenched. You can also use a comb for this purpose.
- Now pile all the hair on your head and wrap it up with the plastic covering sheet or the showering cap and make sure to cover them completely.
- Now wait at least 2 hours for the oil to soak in, you can also do this overnight, the longer the better.
- Then wash you hair with the shampoo of your choice. You can wash a couple of times or more until you feel that your hair are no more oily.
- Now let you hair dry, you can either blow them dry or let them dry in the air. You hair should be soft, gleaming and shiny after the coconut oil treatment.
Do your regular face cleansing routine and pat dry your skin with a soft towel. Do not pull your skin because it is fragile.
- Then rub a little coconut oil around your eyes and on wrinkles if any.
- Apply the oil on other areas especially the dry ones and rub it in a circular motion.
- Rub it on your lips and don’t bother about ingesting a little, its good for your health too.
- Apply it on your face as you apply your face cream and let it be absorbed by your skin for 10 minutes and after that you can use the makeup.
- Use coconut oil after taking a shower when your skin is still warm as the pores of your skins are active the oil will be absorbed readily.
- A tablespoon of the oil can be use to moisturize your arms and keep rubbing gently until its all gone.
- Same goes for you legs, a couple of tablespoons are enough here.
- Another tablespoon is good enough for your torso, just use it like you would use any lotion.
- Now let the oil get absorbed in your skin and it will take approximately 15 min so, you can move around in your bathrobe.
- You can also soak in the bathtub filled with warm water and an ounce of coconut oil swished. Do this for a couple of weeks until you notice that your skin is no longer dry.